Outright Gift of Cash
The Power of a Simple Gift
One of the easiest and most common ways for you to support the University at Buffalo is with a gift of cash. Cash can be used to support our work in the form of:
An outright gift. By making a cash gift by check, credit card or money order today, you enable us to meet our most urgent needs and carry out our mission on a daily basis. You will have the opportunity to see your generosity in action and will also receive a federal income tax charitable deduction, when you itemize.
A payable on death (POD) account. A POD bank account or certificate of deposit names one or more persons or charities as the beneficiary of all funds once you, the account owner, pass away. The beneficiary you name has no rights to the funds until after your lifetime. Until then, you remain in control and are free to use the money in the bank account, change the beneficiary or close the account.
There are several other ways to make cash donations as part of the gift types below. To learn more, click on the links below.
Ways to Use Cash
- A gift in your will or living trust
- A charitable gift annuity
- A charitable remainder trust
- A charitable lead trust
- A donor advised fund
- Memorial and tribute gifts
- An endowed gift
Discover MoreView My Free Brochure
For a free personalized illustration of how you can benefit from a charitable gift, contact Wendy Irving, Esq. at email@example.com or (877) 825-3422.
Are You Prepared for the Future?
Create a secure future for you and your loved ones with our FREE Personal Estate Planning Kit.Download My Free Kit
- Contact Wendy Irving, Esq. at (877) 825-3422 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information on giving a gift of cash.
- Seek the advice of your financial or legal adviser.
- If you include the University at Buffalo in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
Legal Name: University at Buffalo Foundation, Inc.
Address: 503 Capen Hall, Buffalo, NY 14260
Federal Tax ID Number: 16-0865182